Thursday, September 23, 2010

TOUR GUIDE SPOTLIGHT: RIDDLE ME THIS

 School is starting to really pick up, and I am feeling loaded with homework , tests, and projects. I think it's time for a little fun. With fall classes picking up, residence hall tours are now in full force. The residence hall tours have always been one of my favorite things on campus. I vividly remember the excitement and lasting effect of my first tour-- and since have enjoyed being involved with the tour program.

Tour Guides waiting outside of Grace King
Our tour guides are great—and seem to know the answer to virtually every question. I decided to sit down with them, ask a few questions (some serious, some totally random), and at the end, try stumping them with a riddle. Read along and see if you can solve the riddles too!


Greg, Senior, Psychology

Where have you lived? West Laville Hall, Res College West, and ECA
Favorite thing about doing tours: It's different everyday.
Favorite Place on Campus: The sidewalk under the trees on Tower Drive
What Channel is MTVU on campus cable? I think it's 72.
If you could make a Residential College theme, what would it be?  College of Culinary Arts
What is the MOST random question you have been asked? Is that where the maids live?
How would I go about getting a Residence Hall named after me? Donate a lot of money, like a lot, a lot of money.
What's the meaning of Res"Life"? What?!?!? That's what it means, Residential Life.
What always runs, but never walks, often murmurs, never talks, has a mouth, but never eats, has a bed, but never sleeps? A RIVER


Jennifer, Junior, Communication Studies

Where have you lived? Herget Residential College
Favorite thing about doing tours? Getting to meet different people
Favorite Place on Campus? Tiger Stadium
What Channel is The Weather Channel on campus cable? I have no idea, I never watch the weather channel.
If you could make an Residential College theme, what would it be?  Purple and Gold Hall-- everything is purple and gold and all the events revolve around LSU.
What is the Most random question you've been asked? Which hall has an entryway with a foyer to hang a beaded curtain?
Why are all of the rooms rectangular instead of a circle? We can maximize our room space, and fit more rooms for all the students.
A man has five children, half of them are sons, how can this be? ALL OF THEM ARE SONS

Nick, Junior, Biology

Where have you lived? East Laville Hall
Favorite thing about doing tours? Being able to talk to different people from all different areas and what they are interested in and their majors
Favorite Place on Campus? Tiger Stadium
What Channel is TigerTV on campus cable? I think it is 76.
If you could make any Residential College theme, what would it be?  I would make a movie themed Residential College where we'd watch movies all the time!
What is the most random question you have been asked? Can you bring Ziploc bags and take food from the dining hall?
Why are all the rooms rectangular, and not round? You can fit more room, and it's hard to fit furniture in a circle room.
What is the beginning of eternity, the end of time and space, the beginning of every end, and the end of every place? THE LETTER E

 

Claire, Junior, Chemical Engineering

Where have you lived? Miller Hall
Favorite thing about doing tours? Meeting all the incoming freshmen when they are new, and putting them at ease about coming to LSU.
Favorite Place on Campus? My sorority house, Delta Gamma
What Channel is The History Channel on campus cable? I have no clue. Am I supposed to know this?
If you could make an Residential College theme, what would it be? Baking, we could bake treats everyday!
What is the Most random question you have been asked? Every. Single. Measurement. Of. Every. Single. Room.
The more you have of it, the less you see. What is it? DARKNESS!!




That was fun! I hope you enjoyed reading about a couple of our great tour guides. If you are interested in taking a tour of the residence halls, tours are offered Monday through Friday (when the University is open) at 1:30 and 3:00 p.m.  The tours leave out of Grace King Hall, and no reservations are required. If you haven't already come on one-- join us! It was my favorite part of my visit to LSU.

Well, since I'm sure you guys are all getting a little stressed, I'm going to leave you with some fun of your own. Here's some riddles for you-- see if you can figure them out. I'll reveal the answers in a few days.


I arrive once in every second, once in every minute, and once in every year. What am I??

THE LETTER E


How could a cowboy ride into town on Friday. Stay two consecutive days, and leave on Friday??

HIS HORSE'S NAME WAS FRIDAY


What English word has three consecutive double letters?

BOOKKEEPER


A know a word of letters three. Add two and fewer there will be. What word am I?

FEW



I am a building, but a poem too. I like science, but love horseshoe! Which building am I?

EVANGELINE HALL


Gotta go study! Good luck with the brainteasers-- add some of your own!

XOXO-- Girl in the Purple Polo

No comments:

Post a Comment