Thursday, June 23, 2011

Do U REC?

I recently discovered the UREC, and it is AWESOME!!! If you haven't been there, you should check it out! Memberships are quite affordable (trust me, if they weren't I wouldn't be going...), and the facilities are great. I made it a goal of mine to get in shape this summer, but after one attempt at running outside in this heat, I knew I had to find a different way to exercise. The UREC is the perfect, air-conditioned place to work out!


Now, I'm not very experienced when it comes to working out and I'm not very athletic, but when I walked into the rec center for the first time, I knew I could find a way to have fun and get in shape- there is literally something for everyone to do! They have cardio equipment (like treadmills and stationary bikes), raquetball courts, a track, basketball courts, weights, a pool, and much more!  My personal favorite so far has to be the elliptical machines.

 I have no idea how to play raquetball, but these courts make me want to learn.

They even offer fitness classes like Zumba and Boot Camp. I never thought of myself as a fitness guru, but I'm feeling good and having fun! I can even bring my headphones, plug them into the stationary bike, and hear the TVs that are mounted to the wall. I actually look forward to going to the gym each evening, which has NEVER happened to me before...

Running on these treadmills is so much better than running outside in this heat!

If you've never considered joining UREC, I hope that you will! If I can do it, so can you! You can find more information about UREC here. Hope to see you there! Just keep your eye out for the clumsy girl in the purple polo... :)

xoxo-- Girl in the Purple Polo

No comments:

Post a Comment